Sunday 14 November 2010

China Glaze - Metallic Muse and blog awards

Hey again! I prepared myself a cup of very good white tea (I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do when I drink it all, I'll have to go back to Česká just to get my hands on their vast tea collection) and decided to post blog awards that I recieved and show you another old manicure with China Glaze.

Metallic Muse is a part of Khrome Collection for Fall/Winter 2009, I already showed you Robotika as a part of this collection, I still have Millenium in the shoebox. Again extremely well pigmented nail polish, it needs only one coat to be perfect, application is very easy, but one must pay attention to brush strokes, as they do get visible if you're not careful enough. Drying time is extremely fast, removing of the polish too easy, but because of just one coat and no top coat, Metallic Muse as Robotika didn't last long, just a good day, then I couldn't stand the tip wear anymore. I guess you could wear it two days, if you wouldn't do anything extreme with your hands, I couldn't, also because the metallic finish isn't really my thing. 

 Outside


Inside shot.

Metallic Muse is greenish-silvery-bluish kinda shade, that I  acutally like, it's a cool colour. What I don't like very much is the finish. And the fact I can't apply this kind of polish very well, you can see brush strokes on my nails, not very flattering, is it?

And now to the blog awards!

Ivana, a girl with one of the most awesome nails on blogsphere gave me two blog awards, how sweet is that? :) First is Me encanta tú Blog! award, the second The versatile blogger. Both come with a couple of questions.

1. Why did you create the blog?
Frankly, I resisted it for months! There were already so many great blogs out there about nails and nail polish, I thought it would be a waste of space and time, to create yet another one, especially when I don't have a professional camera and I can't really afford to do all the collections in complete that come out right away. So yeah, I resisted it for so long, although I loved blogging, I had a blog before that, but I couldn't stand it after a year so I deleted it. Anyway, one day I was checking out n-p blogs and was bored and kinda sick, if I remember correctly and I couldn't resist anymore. I got many compliments on my favourite beauty forum  about my swatches and people told me my nails look nice, so I said, ok, let's give it a go. And here it is. I'm still not sure, if it's not just a waste of time, but tell you what, I'm having tons of fun with it. :) 


2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
Mostly nail-polish related blogs, but also a few "diary" type of blogs, that I adore.

3. Do you have a favourite make-up brand?
No, I'm not a brand follower per se, although I prefer IsaDora for my eyeshadows, ArtDeco for mascara and am lemming for Illamasqua, as usual, especially in their make-up department, some eyeshadows and glosses are to die for. Oh, and Catrice, it's a great brand, for a very little money.

4. And a favourite clothing brand?
No favourite clothing brand, if it looks good on me, I'll buy it, it doesn't matter who made it.

5. What make-up products is essential for you?
Mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner.

6. What’s your favourite colour?
Right now green, definitvely, it's been my favourite for months. But otherwise also red and purple. With clothing black is my standard colour.

7. What’s your favourite perfume?
Paco Rabanne UltraViolet or JPG - Madame. I didn't find one that would smell better yet.

8. What’s the film you liked the most?
I can't pick just one. I love all kinds of movies, from serious drama, action, cartoons, comedy, fantasy ... only romantic comedy is the one genre I can't really stand. Otherwise, I don't know ... The Ninth Gate, Edward Scissorhands, From Hell (lots of Johnny Depp movies, yes!), i loved Inception, also The Shutter Island, than I love Ice Age, Shrek ... u, Hannibal, all three films about him. And The Godfather, first and second part, one of the best movies ever made ... and tons more.

9. What countries would you like to go?
Right now Norway, I saw some beautiful pictures, and Slovakia. And Bohemia, I still haven't gotten over it. :) Ireland, Scotland, Portugal ... I just love Europe. :)

***

I have to tell 12 things about me. It's gonna be completely random, just a fair warning:

1.I love sweets. It's really bad for me, I know, but i'm like an addict. It's not a good thing especially because everything sticks to my hips and belly, I'm afraid.
2. I'm a cuticle freak. If you're posting something as being good for cuticles I'll probably buy it, it's my weak spot. I'm constantly trying out hand cremes that will be good enough for my cuticles, doing oil treatments and trying out special cuticle products. Which reminds me, I have to post about my latest purchase!
3. I love putting together the toy you get in Kinder chocolate egg. What?
4. I'm really scared of horror movies, but adore Supernatural. 
5. Beside nail-polish my material obsessions are high-heeled boots and gothic jewellery.
6. No matter what I do, I'm never satisfied with my hair. The one time I could be was when I was ironing them, but wasn't because it almost hurt me that I put them through so much aggression. So yeah, never.
7. I'm a total book worm. I've been since I was a kid. I read entire children department in our library so the librarian acutally told me to start with teenager/adult deparment, because there weren't books left. Back then i read to around 15 books per week. Now I don't have the time, but am keeping it at around 5 per month. Level got a bit higher too. ;)
8. I love castles. 
9. My boyfriend manages to make me laugh so hard I'm almost hysteric just about everytime we see eachother. So, if you see me laughing my butt off, I'm not drunk, he's just really funny. :P
10. I'm always wearing glasses. Exept on my dancing classes and festivals, but contact lenses dry my eyeball to the point it bothers me greatly, so i don't have them on often.
11. I love animals. Except for most of bugs, because I'm really scared of them. My fault, not theirs, so I'm never killing them, unless I can't get them out in other manners. But please don't make me be in the same room as them.
12. I just ate the last Bajadera and I want more. :( 

I tag everyone that is up to answering those two! Come on, do it! ;)

Thanks for the awards, Ivana, means a lot! :) 

And thank you all for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, nice post,there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.Thank

    ReplyDelete