Hello everybody! Today I have for you a set of manicures done with my favourite nail art ever - the stripes! I usually use scotch tape but the trouble with it is that the stripes are usually not of the same thickness and that it is hard for me to cut them very thin. So Nail Art Striping Tape Design Lines Set was my first choice when Born Pretty Store contacted me about the review. And I was really happy they were willing to send them to me.
The people at Born Pretty Store are really nice, everything went smoothly and I received the package under 14 days, which was quite a surprise, very fast shipping!
The set contains 12 coloured rolls of tape. The official Born Pretty Store site says they are self-adhesive and come in colours Gold, Pink, White, Deep green, Red, Deep blue, Pink, Silver, Brown, Light blue, Green and Purple.
While I agree, they are self-adhesive, the colours I received were holographic-silver, white, purple, green, golden yellow, copper gold, royal blue, pink, silver, red, brown and black. Not a terrible difference, but still, if that matters to you ... I actually think the choice of colours I received is great, so I'm not complaining.
I will show you three manicures I did with the tapes and then tell you my thoughts on the product.
I had small owls helping me with the swatches. I didn't want to hold polish bottles, because they're not the main theme in the review. They are quite adorable as well. :)
What I liked about the product:
- You can see on the first mani the main use I got from these tapes. Stripes of layered nail art, I love this so much! And I think these are perfect for the job! They stick to the nail easily and firm, not allowing any bypassing of the polish that often happens on the edges when using scotch tape.
- They are very easy to cut up, the whole process is very fast, you don't have to take special care of the thickness of the tape..
- Although they stick to the nail firmly, they do not lift up the base polish even if you don't 'dirty' the adhesive part of the tape.
- The colours are lovely and vivid, I especially love black, white, green, red and blue.
- When you wish to use the tapes as a part of the manicure you can apply them very easy with tweezers. You can also rereplace them when necessary.
- The tapes last about three days without taping off, which is much longer than I expected them to.
- They are cute and handy for storage.
- There is a lot of tape on one role, the set will last you a liftetime even with regular use.
- They are really cheap. 12 rolls for 8.99$!! Extra plus: if you don't wish to get 12 rolls, you can buy them separately for 1.90$. Free shipping as well!
What I disliked about the product:
- The colours can bleed when top coat is applied. You can see that especially on my last manicure, the blue one bled like crazy. I put them to the test, had all the colours on a piece of paper and applied three different top coats on them. But not one of them bled on the paper. Make of that what you will, on the nail some of them bleed, you have to take care which top coat you use if you do not wish to ruin the colour.
- Top coat has to be used if you want them to remain on the nails for longer period of time. They will not bleed with no top coat put on them, but they will last only until the first shower, then the edges will start to lift. So you have to decide, depending what you prefer and how long you wish to have them on the nails.
- The thickness of the tape is not consistent on some of the rolls, so they can tear unwillingly. Honestly, it doesn't bother me much, it didn't happen often and there is tons of product on the roll anyway, but I thought I should mention it.
The main minus is definitively the bleeding part. I shan't be using these on the nail but for the tape manicure most of the time, so I don't hold that against them, but if you are buying them for the colours, you will probably need to find a top coat that won't bleed them.
I honestly think this is a must product for all that love scotch tape manis if you wish to create thin, crisp lines. I love how easier and faster it is with these babies.
And if you want to buy them, here is a code that will make the low prices even lower: SSL91!
I recommend you check the rest of the page as well, they have some pretty cool stuff. Striping Tape Set is definitively a win, I love the thin lines I can create with it.
Have you shopped at Born Pretty Store? What did you get and can recommend?
Thank you for reading!
*Product sent for reviewing purposes, you can read my disclosure here.