Tuesday 1 May 2012

Essence - Mojito Green (Soul Sista LE)

Heya people!  How are ya? It's really late here in Slovenia and I feel like crap, so I decided to spend my zombie time in front of the computer. Blogging kinda makes me feel productive, hehe. I've been reading until now but I started to feel dizzy. So warm tea and Blogger for me, thank you! 

I'd also like to show you one LE polish while it's still available. I buy my share of LE polishes that Essence is throwing at us on regular basis, but I'm very strict about it, I do not want to get all 'it's LE, that's why I HAVE to have it'. No, my dear ladies, I really don't, certainly not only because it's frakking limited edition. Limited editions in shapes that Essence does them annoy me more than not, all the hype is ridiculous. Still, they do make some awesome polish. Vampire's Love was an amazing collection, I bet you remember that one. I also thought Fruity was rather cute, but of course missed it entirely. Well, I wanted the green one, it was cute and had 'Kiwi' word in the name, which I find quite adorable. 

So ... where was I? Oh yes, yes. My point is, normally I'm really really late with showing you my LE purchases, also because I rarely wear them right away. For instance, I'm wearing True Love from already mentioned Vampire's Love now. For the first time. Yay me! It's a cool one too. :) But Mojito Green from Essence Soul Sista LE was a surprise for me. I actually got to a full counter, not even wanting to buy anything, but, as always, I checked it out, a habit a nail polish fanatic knows and has. Mojito Green caught my eye immediately because of the golden shimmer. It was gentle in the bottle so I walked around in Müller, trying to convince myself I don't need it, because the shimmer won't show on the nails anyway. I'm glad I bought it. While shimmer really isn't obvious, you can catch it with your naked eye, even off direct sunlight. On direct sunlight it gets quite beautiful. Plus the aqua green colour is simply awesome and no, I don't have it in my stash yet. FTW!




 Sadly my camera wasn't able to capture the tiny shimmer in the shade, it's so subtle. Like I said, I could see it, but it's a shy one and apparently it's too shy for my camera.

This is how horribly inaccurate the colour gets in lightbox. I'm only showing you this picture so you can see the shimmer more clearly.

Nothing else interested me in the Soul Sista LE. Well, the brushes were gone anyway. My second favourite from the varnish bunch was actually the pinkish one, because of the same shimmer it contains. But I decided to pass on it, I'm trying to clear my stash a bit right now, no point in buying a 'maybe' polish then. 

I'm not that crazy about the application. Actually, it really surprised me, since Essence normally has an excellent formula. This one was very, very thick and that's why the application wasn't really all that well. Not extremely bad - two careful coats were enough - but Essence can certainly do better. Still, this bright aqua green polish is very vibrant and a very happy colour, I loved wearing it and I'm glad I took it off the counter. :)

Did you get anything from Soul Sista edition? Any thoughts on constant LE done by Essence?

Thank you for reading!

16 comments:

  1. Very nice. And I could see the shimmer in the first photos, actually! You've underestimated your camera! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, well, yes, we do have a love-hate relationship, maybe that's why I expect too much of it. ;)

      Delete
  2. oooh this is so nice!!! more of a turquoise though than a "mojito green", but who cares about the name, it's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't get the name either, to tell you the truth. :) It does make me want to drink one though. ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Jeste, nadam se da jih i u Hrvatskoj možete dobiti. :)

      Delete
  4. e ovo je zeleni kojeg bi rado imala, zlatni shimmer se ne pokazuje puno na fotkama ali super ako kazes da se vidi uzivo, ako naletim na ovu kolekciju svakako kupujem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mene je stvarno iznenadilo, kad sam vidjela shimmer i u 'normalni' situaciji, bez jakog sunca. Nije baš 'in your face' ali je na noktima. :)

      Delete
  5. Another example of stupid nail polish names! This is gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete