Monday, 20 August 2012

Essence - A Lovely Secret

Hello my dear people! How are you doing? It's been a while, I know, I wanted to let you know before I left for our Annual Meeting, but I seriously lacked time so I wasn't able to post anything. I had the most amazing week (9 days actually), I can't find the words for awesomeness of it. I love the magic we create and all the lovely people there with me just having a blast. But now I'm back and since I need to get to my studying again, I'll probably post more often. ;) 

Since this is a nail polish blog, I can also mention my nails are not talking to me at all ATM. As much as the last week was a perfect place for my soul, I didn't do anything for my nails whatsoever. I washed a lot of stuff with my hands and aggressive cleaners and I think I put on hand creme 4 or 5 times in all 9 days. When I got home I had to cut them to the meat and they are still split. So I'm going to show you old pictures for a while, so I can decide whether the pictures I make now are good enough for showing. Oh, I wore Orly Nite Owl, I've shown it before. Gorgeous polish, I'm still not sick of it. My BF hates it though. xD

For today I have another Essence, the photos are piling up again in the Essence folder ... A Lovely Secret is a colour I'd never buy if I saw it on the counter. A pale purple, nothing bad but also nothing special. But then I saw the swatches Nihrida made and I had to have it. The secret of the polish are the tiny blue specks and I adore the result.





Three coats of this lovely secret, because I was really sloppy. The brush is great on this baby, really great. And a gorgeous colour, I love it. Thanks to Nihrida for revealing the secret!

And just because I cannot stop singing this in my head ever since I went to the dentist on my bicycle this morning.



A lovely secret. Have it? Want it? Any suggestions on what I should get in new Essence line?

Thank you for reading!

18 comments:

  1. I have and love A Lovely Secret! It's such a shame they discontinued it! Grey-t to Be Here is a great polish from the new line ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that one is on my buy list too!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! I wish it wasn't discontinuted in the new line, though they do have some pretty ones in the new line as well. Going to search swaps and see if I can get my hand on this color because I am in the midst of a huge periwinkle kick right now and this is too pretty to not add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they discontinued it! Pitty, really, it's a lovely colour. Hope you catch it somehow, I'll be on the look-out for another bottle, if I find it, I'll let you know!

      Delete
  3. I love this Essence, best one in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joj, za tega mi je res tako žal, da ga nimam. :( Brez uspeha iskala... :/ Lepo ti pristoji!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! :) Če ga najdem, ti javim. :)

      Delete
  5. that color is gorgeous! I don't actually have any essence polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, you should try them.

      Delete
  6. ovo mi je jedan od ovogodisnjih favorita, tako mi je zao sto su ga vec ukinuli, a prakticki su ga tek nedavno uveli :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stvarno me iznenadila ova vjest, i meni se ćini da so ga tek stavili u trgovine. Čudno. Možda je skup za praviti ili nešto ...

      Delete
    2. a tko zna ili to ili misle da se ne bi dobro prodavao, a moraju nesto izbacit da uvode nove lakove, kako to biraju samo oni znaju

      Delete
  7. I think you should join my in my nubdom and be proud of your nubs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of my nubs, my nail bed is too short for my taste, plus I think they make my hands look child like and fat. But I don't hate them either, it's not like it's the end of the world for me when I have them. :)

      Delete
  8. predivan lak :-D
    p.s. meni se doma svi smiju kad se počnem derat 'i want to ride my bicycle'... a onda pređem na 'don't stop me now, i'm having such a good time' ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, ali je super kombinacija. :D

      Delete
  9. I'm not into lilac at all, nor am I usually into light tones as well, but......when I saw this baby on the display in the store, it happened to me to notice the light purple/blue shimmer from the bottle and I saw myself buying it XD
    Well, if you like this kind of subtle shimner in polishes, you surely won't be disappointed with the new Grey-t To Be Here. A light grey with pink/purple/orange shimmer. There ae some swatches 'round the blogosphere if you feel like to check!

    ReplyDelete