Sunday 12 February 2012

A England - Order of the Garter

Evening everyone! How are you doing? It's a lazy Sunday here. I baked something though. I think I'm addicted to cinnamon. That's also why I'm posting this later than planned. I also watched the news, Whitney Houston passing away was quite a shock. I swear, just last week I was dancing to I wanna dance with somebody playing in my head. Whether you like her style of music or not, she was one of the best voices out there. Oh, my favourite song (and probably the one of the three or four I really like by her) is I learned from the best. I remember being in my teens when I heard it first and liking the lyrics, not being all 'I'm gonna die because you left me', hehe. Plus her voice is incredible, of course.

I put A England Order of the Garter on yesterday, to match my teal make up. A friend of mine did photos of it, combining with the teal cocktail I was drinking, hehe. Order of the Garter isn't a teal, though, it's a true bright blue. And you know what? You know what??!? It's a glass flecked bright blue! GLASS FLECKS! YES! Naturally the photos from my lightbox make it look to bright, so I tried to do some decent photos today in a very grey light of Ljubljana and failed miserably. Photos are the way they are, I might redo them in the Summer. 





I don't need to talk much about this one, do I? The A England The Legend collection is everywhere and everyone seems to want them. Myself included, thank you very much! Order of the Garter is amazing. Vibrant blue that I adore and to top that, a glass fleck, being my favourite finish, or one of them at least. Awesome. It took me three coats for full opacity, I'm guessing two will do for a lot of people, I'm just annoying like that. :) But glassflecks are usually on the sheer side, so it wasn't much of a surprise for me.
What I was curious about was the formula,  because I haven't ever heard anything bad about A England's formula and it's my first. The formula is superb. Seriously. It's incredibly easy to work with. All in all an amazing polish. Even has a little tiny hue of purple, but my camera naturally didn't catch that. Thank you so much for this gem, Stefanie! 

So, now I ask you, what's you experience with A England and what's on your WL from The Legend? You know me. St. George, Dragon. Seriously, now, it's pass the 'i want' and already in the 'i need' sector. ;)

Oh, I prepared a comparison with Order of the Garter for ya too! 

Thank you for reading!

18 comments:

  1. I don't own any A Englands but my first is currently on it's way to me. I know how you feel about St. George and Dragon. I want them so badly and I'm ordering them as soon as I can :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing colour! I'm totally in love with blue. And I am addicted to muffins, I am baking them at least once a week ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. deine bilder sind wirklich wunderschön! und dieser lack ist sowieso total toll!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SOOO gorgeous i need that polish hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. krasna boja :-D
    za večeru sam napravila rižu s mlijekom, i cimetom, naravno ;-D
    slažem se za whitney, voljeli je ili ne, glas je imala božanstven :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. St. George in Dragon itak :) Lep tale lak, ampak jaz bi rada videla tudi mejkap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm new to a-england as well, having received The Legend collection less than a week ago. I've only tried one so far, Princess Sabra (you can check my review on it if you want) and I'm really impressed with it. The color, the formula, the fact that I still don't have any chips or tipwear after 6 days (!!!) can only confirm that I love a-england!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a couple of the legends and then I was like... oh just one more... oh I better get another one... and before I knew it I'd bought them all. Whoops. No more polish for me for a while since I blew my whole budget on these! Totally worth it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfekcija <3 Tako lepe modre pa že dolgo ne!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I came to know your blog, loved, congratulations on your corner and lots of success here!
    I'm following your blog now!

    I invite you to meet my Blog and if you like and can also follow my blog...you will be very welcome, feel at home!

    Oh, there's a translator at the end of my page blog, I hope to see you there! :)

    http://umamulherbemvestida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is superb! :D I love the vividness of it.

    Since the original swatches appeared I've wanted most Princess Sabra and Ascalon. And they are actually waiting for me at the post office right now... just a 15 min walk away.

    Too bad I'm stuck at home icing a sprained ankle. :/ I hope I'll be able to walk to get them tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great, great, great blue on you. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a gorgeous blue!!! I need it in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tale je verjetno moj najljubši iz kolekcije, so pa malce dragi (sem si ga obljubila za nagrado, če opravim vse izpite uspešno) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man I should have gotten this one with my last order! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this blue! It is GORGEOUS!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  17. A England laki so res obnoreli lak-blog-sfero. Imajo dejansko nekaj čudovitih odtenkov. Sama nimam (še) nobenega. In trenutno nisem ful mahnjena na lake, tako da niti nobenega nisem dala na WL.
    Tale zgoraj je lušten in ti je pisan na kožo. ;)

    ReplyDelete