Tuesday 21 February 2012

The Polished Perfectionist mani

Hello people! How are ya? Hope all is well! It was a sunny day here in Ljubljana and so I didn't mind my pile of work so much. I miss sunny days, they make me feel so much better right away!

Today I have another inspired mani for you. As I read Bergje's blog I realised I might have, accidentally, copied her idea a bit. Hope you don't mind, dear! She has a 'blogger inspired mani' section, that I think is really great. I, on the other hand, won't do inspired mani but rather reproduce the mani i loved on another blog. I did so with Nightly Nails and I realised this is a great way to finally do all the manicures I absolutely loved on other blogs. You know the situation, you go through your favourite blogs and you're literally drooling over all the amazing manicures you see, thinking 'I totally need to do that ASAP' ... and then you don't. You just don't. At least I don't. Now I have this little project, that will, hopefully also teach me new techniques of nail art. I'm marking all the manis I'd like to try out and then I do. Sometimes I fail, sometimes I don't. But it's fun! And challenging!

Now. I don't really need to say 'you probably know The Polish Perfectionist', do I? We all wish we had AmyGrace's nails and steady hand. :) You know you really love a blog when you're having coffee with a friend and you mention a blog. The friend replies 'oh yes, she did that amazing mani that was inspired by a cup, white and blue'. And you correct her, instantly seeing the mani in your head, 'no, that's Amy Grace, the Polish Perfectionist'. And the friend knows who are you talking about. She's just that good. 
 So ... yeah, what the hell am I then doing, trying to reproduce one of her manis, right? I went with one, that I fell in love with ages ago, but still remembered it, being so insanely awesome. Plus! My first sponging! Holy cow! So it's not perfect, not at all. But I did it! Yay!! Her manicure was Sparkly Fruity Forest. Although I have the Enchanted Forest dupe at home, I really felt like wearing Zoya Shawn, so I took that one as my base colour, and I didn't have the lemon fimo, so I skipped it, I'm not really a fan of fimo, although I really love it on this mani. 

So, I used Zoya Shawn and then sponged with China Glaze Emerald Sparkle and Zoya Ivanka, just like AmyGrace did. I think I need a better sponge and some more practise, but I already seriously loved the result.




Yay, my first sponging! And I really love how it looks and how simple it actually is, so hopefully I'll make a habit out of it. :) 

What do you think? Do you ever copy an idea from another blogger or not, even if you like it? 

Thank you for reading!

15 comments:

  1. I really like the sponging. I was thinking of doing something similar but with purples :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mani, it def. Reminds me of TPP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love doing sponging.

    If I see something on someone else's blog, I will do something similar, and always give credit to them. Unless I seen it a long time ago and forgot who it was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhm.. *blushes like crazy* ^^ Thank you so much for your super sweet words, hun! You rock this mani, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jp, to je uradno najlepša sponge manikura. Ever! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really like it!!! I've never sponged before either, but I think that you did a fabulous job!!!! Would love to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sponging always looks so pretty, I can never do it right though! These greens look amazing together - very St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such lovely greens,... they look perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this sponging! It's not too much but not too little either; the perfect amount! And beautiful greens too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely LOVELY! You did a great job with it, too! This is why I always say that if you like something, TRY it! It's only nail polish... what's the worst that can happen? You take it off!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ma manikura ti je savršena *.*
    i meni se desi isto... vidim manikuru koju ću obavezno napravit... i zaboravim... godine :-p
    ali nekako ono viđeno ostane u podsvjesti pa izbaciš sličnu manikuru iako si već zaboravila gdje si je i kad vidjela, teško je danas biti originalan :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! i am not actually a fan of this color when I see it, but this mani makes it look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this!!! And it's GREEN!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic job! I love the effect and I also like the green shade, which is quite unusual for me.

    ReplyDelete