Wednesday 6 April 2011

Brucci - Gianna's Rockin' Blue (with CND Emerald Shimmer)

A quick one on this beautiful day, I'm having a quick coffee with my friends and then I'm back to the books. Blah. This Brucci is not the one I'm most excited about, but even with a green brother next to it, this blue called to me from the box. The moment I put it on I knew it's going to be my perfect blue for warmer, sunnier days. Mind you, this one is one of those blues that are impossible to photograph. You'll see on my picture taken outside, how it turns just blue, the green is gone. The pictures in the lightbox show colour more accurately, yet bear in mind that IRL this baby is far far more vivid. Not neon, but so bright it's just under neon. I hate neon colours so I wouldn't wear them, but this is as bright as blue gets without being neon, I'd say. Oh, another two with CND effects Emerald Shimmer. Tevta brought me hers so I'd play with them a bit, and I loved this combination. 




This one is the one I was talking about. See how the green is gone from the polish? Not colour accurate!



Appearantly Brucci has some kind of collections, but since it's an American drugstore brand,  I have no effing idea how it works. :) Either way, I love the colour. And I love the CND effect! I think they make a wonderful combination.

Gianna is a two coater, very nice application. I was curious about their brush, since I've never tried Brucci before and I was nicely suprised. It gave me no trouble. So a very nice first impression of the brand and I've started with the blue one, not the greens. ;) This one was a part of my swap with Kris from My Lucid Bubble and also in the surprise part of the swap. Very nice one, Kris, I love it! :)
I put SV on top, because it dried rather slow, or too slow for me anyway. But other than that this one is a keeper! 

CND Emerald Shimmer - only one coat, it dries fast, so no TC added. And it's beautiful, don't you think?

Do you own any Brucci? It's a low-price brand in USA, what do you think about it, it's comparable to our Essence and such or is it better/worse? Do you like Gianna's Rockin' Blue? :)

Thank you for reading!

9 comments:

  1. I have no idea how Brucci works, either. :) It's not a brand that's available very many places around me, so the few I have I've gotten from blog sales and swaps. I like them okay but I think I like Essence better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, I've never heard or seen of Brucci before. I wonder where one would find it here in the US?? The Rockin' Blue is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I fell in love with this colour!! And no, I have never heard of Brucci before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. plava? ja bi rekla da je ovo cista tirkizna cak vuce na zeleno :/ al je lijepa boja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lalica, slažem se. :) Super boja, ćekaj da jo vidiš sa plavim cracklom! ;)

    KarenD, interesting, I find, for now, Brucci more appealing. :) Maybe it's the "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome? As I can get Essence around the corner, but Brucci is USA brand and impossible for me to get unless in a swap. :D

    Natalie, I don't know, you should ask Kris about that, but she told me there are only a few stores where Brucci is sold, yes.

    ritterbraten, yeah, me to, and I wish I could capture how playful this actually is!

    Lendoxia, pa da, turkizna boja je, i stvarno vuće na zeleno. :) Ali možda ju i zato toliko obožavam. :D

    Smaltoitaliano, hey, welcome to my blog! :) And thank you for the comments, I completely agree! :)

    Thanks for the comments! Hvala za komentarje!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a onda su totalno pogrijesili s imenom, mogli su onda stavit i da je crvena ^_^ znam da je tirkizna mjesavina plave i zelene, ali je opet samostalna boja ko i svaka druga :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pa da, ali oko imena ima puno ovakvih grešaka kot lakova, tako da se i ne sekiram više ako puno promaše. Kao Rimmel - Green with Envy ili nešto tako i onda turkizna boja u boćici. Lol

    ReplyDelete