Monday 25 April 2011

Jordana - Supernatural with mattefied scotch tape try

Heya guys. I feel like typing this away today, although I didn't plan to. I've been a potato woman whole day long, which happens if you're still recovering from a nasty virus and your mom wakes you up with terrible news that make you feel like you got kicked in the stomack. o.O Not really my best day, but that's probably the reason why I changed a perfectly good mani and edited some pictures and am writing this down. If anyone says you're wasting your time (and money) with nail polish and blogs, just let them now how good it is for when you're feeling down. You know the movie The Enemy Of The State? Will Smith plays (really hot) lawyer guy and he explains to his wife, at the end of a weird day when he starts to blend a smoothie to relax, that some people jog, some drink, some do some other stuff ... and he blends. I do my nails and buy nail polish. :P 

Anyway. This one is special. I've shown you Supernatural before, in a comparison and I said in that entry that I have to wear it as a full mani ASAP. That comparison was done in November. So much about successfully going thorugh my untrieds. For the record - I think a polish belongs in my untrieds box untill I've worn it as a full mani, comparisons don't count.
Why is this one special? My BF picked this one out of the box for our special day. It was really a coincidence, I planned to have something completely different on my  nails, but he was here and said I should wear this. And I must admit, he has some awesome taste. Supernatural is gorgeous. I wore it for quite a few days, after a few days I mattefied it too. Here are the pictures.



 



I left most of them totally large, so you would see the details of the glitter, I recommend enlarging it, the matte versions too, because the glitter looks totally awesome mattefied. 
As always, my scotch tape tries are inspired by the amazing Erika and her Chloe's  Nails. Funny though, no matter how much I try, it never turns out as cool as when she does it. ;) With this one I like my ring finger, but I think it would be best if I left it as an accent finger and just put matte TC on all the rest. I hate especially my little fingers design, it's really like whatever. Oh well, you live and learn.
About Jordana - Supernatural itself ... well, it's perfect, isn't it? Little black with bright blue glitter perfection. Not to mention the name reminds me of one of my favourites show on the planet. :) 

This was three coats, all Jordanas glitters need three coats, but trust me, it's completely worth it. I added 1 coat of Ultra Shine Nfu Oh TC and then SV, to make it dry faster. I was really happy to see that appearantly one coat of a Nfu Oh TC prevents the shrinkage of SV that I already got with Jordanas glitter. So yay! And two coats of TC are enough to make this baby smooth, it doesn't eat TC, luckily. :) 

Anything else? Don't think so ... what's your favourite glitter in the whole wide world? 

Thank you for reading, have a lovely evening!

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous polish, and I love the mattified version of it... I think it always looks beautiful with the contrast between matte and glossy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...wow. Amazing colour <3 I love this type of glitter, great for when you're a little tired of chunky glitters :) I love the mattified version too, those random stripes without really pops <3 I'd love to try out Jordana polishes!

    Hope your day brightens up and that it helped you relax to do your nails :) I recently watched Enemy of the States, and that quote totally reminds me of our guilty pleasure, haha! It's such a great take on it, so very true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this one is gorgeous! I don't remember seeing this one last time I went to Kmart..hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prekrasan je lak, ali meni se ne sviđa matiran. To je do mene, jer ja više volim kremaste lakova matirane dok glittere baš i ne. Glliter se mora sjajit, a ne ga ubit sa matt nadlakom.. hahhaha.. ;)

    Pusa draga i nadam se da ćeš brzo biti bolje. Nešto se to tebi odužilo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! this is so creative! i never thought of using tape mani with matte coat! very awesome. i absolutely love the color as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! Thats all I can say about it. I'm hoping you are feeling better soon with whatever news you got and your virus. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uf, krasen je! Ima nek tak poseben "glow", zato mi je bolj všeč ne-mat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i meni se više sviđa čista verzija nego matirana, ali kombinacija mi je sasvim ok :-D
    drži se i brzo nam ozdravi ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way that looks! And I DO think you did a 'Chloe-worthy' job of it.
    I know what you mean about 'nail polish therapy'...I was desperately seeking a job last summer (for four months, actually) and that little bit of quiet, colorful therapy, along with volunteering at a senior citizen's center, kept me from losing my mind. Manicures are therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all, for your kind words and compliments, they really mean a lot! I'll write a joint comment in english, hope that's ok with my Slovene and Croatian ladies. :)

    I agree with Lalica (and don't worry, darling, it was a family matter, and sadly we can't do anything about it, just move on, as it usually is with death), most glitters are not for matte polish, since glitter is supposed to, well, glitter. :D But I sometimes like this kind of look. :)

    I'm feeling better today, so it's back to my study books, which is actually a good thing, since I'm really far behind due to the illness.

    And I completely agree, Shieldmaiden, nail polish remains one of my best shrinks. ;)

    Thank you all, again, you made my day with all your lovely comments! I know it takes time to write a comment, that's why I appreciate it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I added you to my link love-list on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, I'm glad your blog makes you feel better... it cheers me up too for some reason. So do you tube people.. I had a horrible day at work and PlasmaSpeedo's you tube nail videos about her being all excited about the new Bundle Monster plates were cracking me up and I realized I was cheered up and forgot about everything about work that doesn't really matter in the end...

    Anyway, you won my giveaway just now too! Maybe that'll cheer you up? :D Go check your email!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Danny, thanks girl! :) You're on my blog roll too. :D

    shimmerspark.com - yes, I think nail polish does have very good influence on people if you really enjoy working with it, like with every art, I guess. :) I'm glad youtube makes you feel better too! :) And oh yes, you sure made my month with this giveaway! Totally awesome! :D Thank you again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joj pazi mene kva sm hotla rečt - da bi jst dodala eno plast nadlaka, da se zgladijo robovi. O.o tko po parih sekundah je pa za mano pršlo, kera glupost mi je padla na pamet. :D
    Upam, da boš čimprej nazaj z novimi in novimi manikurami. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehehe, Ivana, nič bat, jaz sem tudi čisto refleksno na to pomislila, ko sem videla da ostajajo beli robovi od mat nadlaka. XD Kaj hočeš, v sistemu mamo da nadlak vse reši. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cool! I also love the matte/shiny effect

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Nail Buff, and welcome to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete