Sunday 9 October 2011

Lipstick Tag

Heya people! I'm still sick and what better way to get distracted than doing a tag? This is something you don't see often on my blog, doing any other type of make up. Although I love make up in general, especially eye shadows and eye make up, I decided I will dedicate the blog only to nails. Well, there is also the fact I find it extremely hard to capture well the colours of the eye make up (the lighter shades usually just fade away on pictures) and the fact I'm still trying to perfect my eye make up.

But I also love lip stick and other lip products. And Jacie from You've Got Nail (I'm sure you know her, if not, RUN to her blog, it's awesome!! I can never get over how insanely beautiful and crisp her photos are, plus she's tons fun to read) made this Lipstick Tag looks so awesome and fun (just look at her lipstick pictures *sigh* Makes me want to wear them all) I said, why not! It's not like I have many of them to decide from. ;)

Although I'm a total make up lover, I am quite good at holding back when buying lip and eye products. It's the nail polish where I break totally. Still, the student budget is also an important factor when I go shopping. I wonder what will happen when I get a job ... hehe. So there is not many lip products on my make up shelf, but I love them dearly. I hope you'll find this fun and refreshing. I do have nails for you too later on. 

I'll bend the rules to this tag, because well ... why not? It's a lipstick tag, but I'll include all my lip products. As you'll see, I have miles to go before I'll be able to do a decent lipstick shot. I redid a few pictures while writing the tag, simply because the pictures I did before starting to write this sucked so badly.

How many lipsticks do you have?
I have altogether 11 lip products, 8 of them are lipsticks, one is lipcream and two are glosses. I'm a total lipstick/lipcream fan, glosses not so much. When I wear a colour, I like it to be shown. :)

 Yup, that's really it!

When you were a child, did you use your mother's lipsticks?
No, my mother isn't a make up fan, I've only seen her wear make up once in my lifetime. It's not an addiction I inherited. 

How old were you when you bought your first lipstick and what was it?
I have *no* idea. But I'm pretty sure it was lipgloss before lipsticks (they were relatively new back then and cheaper than lipstick) and I guess I was about 13 years old. Later years of primary school for sure, and I'm pretty sure it was one of the strong artifical candy smelling sheer pinkish deal. Yuck. 

What is your newest lipstick?
Eyeko Liptastik Glossy Lip Pen in Lip Lover. A gift from Daltonista Polish blogger, thank you!! 


The most expensive lipstick I have ever bought ...
was Dior Addict Red Interference (649). I don't remember the exact price, but it was around 30 euros. Totally worth it though, still one of my favourites ever.


And the cheapest?
Well, I got a few of them for free (like the already mentioned Eyeko, I got the Alessandro one as a gift and The Body Shop one too), but the cheapest that I actually payed for is Essence Femme Fatale (41). I love the colour, but the thing lasts for about 15 minutes, if you hold really still, then *poof* it disappears. It costed me little over 2 euros.


What's the most bizarre thing you have ever done with a lipstick?
I remember once, when I only started to buy them (or were bought for me) I had one really dark that mother didn't let me wear in public. So since it felt really creamy, I squished it with my fingers and played with the colour on a piece of paper. Weirdo.

If you had to recommend a lipstick, which brand would you recommend and why? 
I'd recommend Dior and Bourjois. I love them both, Dior is still my number one after all these years - yes, I have only one, but that one is perfect for so many occasions I don't really need more. Bourjois feels to me like Dior's cheaper sister. I love the lipsticks, although they aren't so moisturizing as Dior, they don't dry my lips and cost about a third of Dior price.

Pink or red lipstick?
Red!! Red all the way! My all time favourite reds, beside Dior that I've already shown are Eyeko one and Manhattan Soft Mat Lip Cream. They last unbelievably long and look AWESOME, sexy reds!



Favourite pink?
I don't own a pink lipstick. The closest I get to pink lipstick is my everyday lipstick that I love for my everyday look Bourjois Sweet Kiss Natural Framboise Exquise. It doesn't feel pink to me though, I love it for the subtlety of it. Then again, lipstick experts might call this a pink one, so here you go.


Favourite nude?
Again, I don't own a nude lipstick. So I shall cheat and show you my only transparent gloss, also because it's a really fun one! It's called Lips To Love Instant Lip Plumper (from AminoGenesisTM) and I won it in a giveaway wonderful Kim from Overall Beauty held on her blog called Thoughts of Beauty. If you don't know her blog (i'm sure you know her site that gives us BB Couture, Glitter Gal, Cult and totally awesome mineral eyeshadows!!), i do recommend it, it's tons of fun with variety of themes. So, the story. My lips aren't as full as I'd like them to be. Fact, can't to anything about it. I'm lucky enough to love the shape of them, I'd just prefer them a bit fuller. I tried the Cattier push up gloss but didn't do anything of the sort, and when Kim did a post on Lips To Love, I was really curious about it. And got lucky enough to win it! 

To tell you the truth, I didn't expect results. Come on, lip gloss that can make my lips fuller? Sure. Well, hold on to your hats, ladies, this baby works!! I actually did a before and after shots when I first tried it on, so I would see if there is an actual difference and there is! What I love about it is that the difference is of course subtle and natural, I don't go all Pamela Anderson on you. And it makes my lips redder, so the end result is like I wear a lip stain. I love it, I really do! You can feel the gloss working because it warms up your lips. You can read more about it in her post. The thing that totally amused me when I first tried it on was the vibrating applicator. It has three speeds too. Haha. It has a rather strong smell of cinnamon too, that I ADORE so it's an extra plus for me.


Favourite unusual shade?
Hm ... I don't have them. The most unusal I get is the Cattier Gloss in Griotte, it's a dark violet one, but it's a gloss so it only stains my lips. You can see it on the second picture. I totally want to have the green gloss from Illamasqua though!

Favourite dark shade?
Two of them, Bourjois Sweet Kiss Natural Prune Caresse (05) and Essence Femme Fatale (41), although I prefer Bourjois since it lasts longer. I added a swatch of them both, because they look far more darker than what they really look like on the lips. Bourjois is the lower swatch. 



And an extra one, that I want to hear from you too: Your biggest lipstick lemming?
Illamasqua Atomic. Want it so badly. Plus some of their glosses, naturally. *dreamy sigh*


This was fun! Now, ladies, I'd love to see the set from you too! I'll name just a few that I really want to see doing this, but basically all of you that have fun in lipsticks department, I'd love to see this tag done!

Parokeets (the more the merrier!) 


And the rest of you who like lip products! If you don't have time for a post or don't own a blog, write me a comment on your favourite shade of lipstick and the number of them you have. :)

Thank you for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Wiii, končno še pogled v svet ostale kozmetike pri tebi ;)

    Bom naredila tag, seveda! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biba, hehe, me veseli, da ti je všeč. :) Meni je bilo tudi zabavno pisati. :D Komaj čakam na tvoj post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Všeč mi je ta post. Hvala za tag, se bom odzvala ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super tag! Bilo je res fajn prebrati. ;) Ta temno Bourjois imam tudi sama in je tudi meni zelo všeč.
    Že med branjem sem si rekla, da bi bilo zabavno kaj takega narediti. Skoraj zagotovo se odzovem. ;) Hvala!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hvala, Parokeetki! :) Me veseli, da vama je všeč post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for sharing this
    ----------
    شركة رواد التميز تقدم افضل خدمات مكافحة الحشرات المنزليه على اعلى مستوى باقوى المبيدات الحشريه
    my site: افضل شركة مكافحة الحشرات بالدمام

    ReplyDelete