Tuesday 25 October 2011

Nail polish blogger Challenge day 2

Hello people! So the only pink week on Did Someone Say Nail Polish? has begun successfully. :) I hope you like my base colour! Today we continue with day 2. This idea isn't my best. I rather disliked it and it actually looked better IRL than on pictures. The inspiration I got from a certain Fashion Polish post, when she layered white crackle and blue polish and so created the image of clouds on the nails. It was totally gorgeous and fantastic and I said it should be the same with pink, no? Well, the problem was, I think, that Give Pink A Chance is a bit too well pigmented. Yes, it needs three coats, but not because it's sheer, it's because it won't even up on the nail. So the whiteness of the Crackle Glaze Lightning Bolt was completely covered, it only brightened the pink a bit. And added a funky texture, that was more prominent IRL on the nail. But let's see the pictures anway.




And the first, or rather the second step - one coat of Crackle Glaze over two coats of Give Pink A Chance.

It's an interesting mani, but I think it would look even better if the pink was a bit more sheer. With polish more sheer this is an awesome thing to do!

Thank you for reading and don't forget to check other ladies too! 

3 comments:

  1. I actually like it :) But I think it would come out better with a more sheer polish, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ideja je dobra, a verjetno res rabiš bolj prosojen lak, da dobiš več kontrasta in je potem efekt bolj opazen. Mi je pa vmesni korak (torej zadnja fotka) bolj všeč. ;)
    Komaj čakam naslednje kreacije!

    ReplyDelete
  3. meni je bolje s bijelim crackleom ;-D

    ReplyDelete