Sunday 31 July 2011

Kiko: 254, 266, 299

Hello! Hope you're enjoying your Sunday! I had such a big lunch I can still bearly move. So this break from studying is a bit longer, i need to get my blood back into my brains or it will be useless. I have three Kikos today to show you. It was my first encounter with this Italian brand with the set Tevta brought me one day. It's her style, we go for a cup of coffee and she brings out this big KIKO bag and says: "I bought you a few bottles when I was in Italy." Gotta love her. :) These are totally awesome too. And no, we don't have them in Slovenia, even though Italy is like two hour drive from where I'm sitting right now. Sucks, doesn't it?


 254. These don't do this baby justice at all. It's a great great colour, but it wouldn't photograph, imagine loads of (visible to naked eye) sparkles more, giving a lot of depth to this colour.


 266. Similar to Catrice Blue My Mind, but since I'm a sucker for these kind of colours, I drool every time it's on my nails. 


299. The total winner of Kikos I own. Man, this is SO stunning. Teal goodness with little sparkles, too amazing for words. It's a total must in Kiko department.

The blue one, 299, is a two coater, the purple-red, 254, also, but I advise you to wear three, since you get more depth in the colour (and completely lose VNL), the teal one, 299, is for me a three coater. Someone with smaller and shorter nails could probably get away with two, but I had bold spots.

The brush on Kiko is fantastic. It's flatter, it hugs your nails so nicely. Application is a bliss, they also dry really fast. Really easy polish to work with in general, the formula is excellent. These three are my favourites so far, I have a couple more in the untrieds box, but IMHO the 299 is perfect above them all. I also really loved 254, it surprised me a lot. Both don't lose the sparkle/glitter that the bottle claims to have on the nail and that's totally awesome. Thanks, dear, for getting me these!

Any thoughts on these? Do you have them, have any Kiko polish?

Thank you for reading!

15 comments:

  1. ajme kako su zgodni... naročito ovaj treći, i ja bih ga rado nosila ;-D
    šteta što ne poznajem nijednu Tevtu :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of the first and the last one. So pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. #299 is super gorgeous! I love Kiko polishes, I wish they were more widely available :) I got help to get a bunch almost a year ago, but I really want more <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tudi jaz sem navdušena nad svojimi, sicer maloštevilnimi, Kiko-ti :)

    Tale ta zadnji je res lepotec!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Viva Kiko!!! :)
    If you're a nail polish fanatic and you live in Italy, you're very unlucky. Of course, you can find China Glaze, Orly, Opi and Zoya, but they are crazy expensive. They cost approx. as much as Chanel polishes. Ordering from US? Good luck. Our Customs is the worst in the world. They "lose" a lot of packages.
    I think Kiko is the only consolation for us Italian girls!!! (mmm I'd say also Layla, but it's more expensive)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ne znam koji mi je ljepši od kojega, ali ako moram birati rekla bi ovaj drugi. I ja sam sucker na takve boje ;)

    Nemam niti jedan Kiko lak, ali imam svekrvu koja radi u Italiji i tu i tamo mi donese neki lakić, ali nažalost tamo gdje je ona je malo mjesto pa nema Kiko, a i ona nema baš puno vremena uz posao tražiti mi lakiće.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love 299. I think I grabbed it like hundred times but never decided to buy it. My favourite colour from Kiko is 245 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i ja bi da mi donose lakove tako ^_^ 299 je savrsena boja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors (and friend)! It's a pity you don't have Kiko there (a two hours and something drive would bring you to Udine, where there are two Kiko shops, not to mention there is one also in Palmanova Outlet). On the other side we don't have access to S-he, Eveline (I love holos) and DM products :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some kiko because I was swaping with http://smaltoitaliano.blogspot.com and she know that I love Kiko's :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. nail crazy, LOL :D Ma, Tevta je samo jedna. :D

    Cristina, then our Italy sister have it even worse than we do. Wow. That REALLY sucks! :/ Thank God you have Kiko, at least!

    Thank you all for your comments, they made my very sick day much much better. And now i'm off to bed again. :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super swatchi! Najbolj všeč mi je 299. <3 Ravno danes sem postala lastnica 5ih Kiko lakov (231, 255, 278, 348, 349). *skače od veselja* Vsi so mi všeč! Od prej pa imam že dva ali tri in sem zadovoljna z njimi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oo, Maestra, komaj čakam, da jih vidim še na tebi, tvoji swatchi so zmeraj super. :) Hm, da vidim, če se s katerimi ujemava ... jap, 255 in 278 imava ista. :) Še kar si pa najbolj želim ta olivno zelenega. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, tile so pa čudoviti. Moram pohvalt tvojo dobro izbiro odtenkov in čudovite nohtke ;)

    ReplyDelete